International Centre inaugurated at Royal Military College Saint-Jean
April 21, 2017
Canadian Armed Forces
Defence Minister Harjit S. Sajjan announced today the appointment of Dr. Chantal Beauvais as Chair of the Royal Military College Saint-Jean Board of Governors. Dr. Beauvais will fill the position held by Lieutenant-General (retired) Richard J. Evraire since 2008.
Dr. Beauvais, who served as a Canadian Armed Forces chaplain, is also the rector of Saint Paul University in Ottawa.
"Dr. Beauvais’s experience makes her a strong choice to lead the 18-member board providing me with critical advice and recommendations as I fulfil my role as Chancellor and President of the College."
- Harjit S. Sajjan, Defence Minister
“The success of Canadian Military Colleges helps us ensure the future officers of the Canadian Armed Forces are well-prepared to successfully lead our women and men. I am confident that Dr. Beauvais will help provide a high standard of preparation for our future leaders.”
- General Jonathan Vance, Chief of the Defence Staff
- Royal Military College Saint-Jean is a prime location for learning, providing high-quality education for future officers of the Canadian Armed Forces. The college-level curriculum prepares cadets to pursue their university studies at the Royal Military College of Canada, in Kingston, Ontario.
- The term of office of the Chair of the Board of Governors is four years and it may be renewed once.
- In May 2016, the Department of National Defence announced to the House of Commons that the Government of Canada intends to give Royal Military College Saint-Jean full academic (degree-granting) status.
Royal Military College Saint-Jean: http://www.cmrsj-rmcsj.forces.gc.ca/index-eng.asp
Department of National Defence
Toll free: 1-866-377-0811
- Date modified: