- Intermediate Leadership Programme
- Post-doctoral studies in Psychology: Concordia University (2007-2009), University of California in San Diego (2006-2007)
- PhD in Psychology: McGill University
- Master in Psychology: Concordia University
Stephane Gaskin obtained a PhD degree in psychology from McGill University where he studied the neurobiology of learning and memory. Stephane then pursued his studies as a postdoctoral researcher at both the University of California in San Diego and Concordia University in Montréal from which he also obtained a personal and professional coaching certification. Stephane then taught a variety of psychology and neuroscience courses at both the college and university level. Much of Stephane's research was published in international scientific journals. He has also published a textbook of behavioural neuroscience.
- Gaskin S., White NM. 2013. “Parallel processing of information about location in the amygdala, entorhinal cortex and hippocampus”. Hippocampus. Nov;23(11):1075-83.
- Gaskin, S., Tardif, M., Mumby, D.G. 2011. “Prolonged inactivation of the hippocampus reveals systems consolidation of unreinforced spatial memory in rats”. Neurobiol Learn Mem. 96 (2):288-96.
- N. J. Broadbent, S. Gaskin, L. R. Squire, R. E. Clark. 2010. “Object recognition memory and the rodent hippocampus”. Learning and Memory. 17(1):5-11
- Gaskin S., Piterkin P., Cole E., Tardif M., Mumby D.G. 2010. “Object familiarization and novel-object preference in rats”. Behavioral Processes. 83(1):61-71
- Gaskin S., Gamliel A., Tardif M., Cole E., Mumby D.G. 2009. “Unreinforced and reinforced spatial learning in rats with ventral and dorsal lesions of the hippocampus”. Behav Brain Res. 202 (1): 64-70.
- Gaskin S., Tardif M., Mumby D.G. 2009. “Patterns of retrograde amnesia for recent and remote incidental spatial learning in rats”. Hippocampus (12):1212-21.
- Piterkin P., Cole E., Cossette M.P., Gaskin S., Mumby D.G. 2008. “A limited role for the hippocampus in the modulation of novel-object preference by contextual cues”. Learning and Memory, 15(10):785-91
- Gaskin S, White NM. 2007. “Unreinforced spatial (latent) learning is mediated by a circuit that includes dorsal entorhinal cortex and fimbria fornix”. Hippocampus 17(7):586-94.
- Gaskin S, White NM. 2006. “Cooperation and competition between the dorsal hippocampus and lateral amygdala in spatial discrimination learning”. Hippocampus 16(7):577-85.
- White NM, Gaskin S. 2006. “Dorsal hippocampus function in learning and expressing a spatial discrimination”. Learn Mem 13(2):119-22.
- Gaskin S, Chai SC, White NM. 2005. “Inactivation of the dorsal hippocampus does not affect learning during exploration of a novel environment”. Hippocampus 15(8):1085-93.
- Gaskin S,Tremblay A,Mumby DG. 2003.”Retrograde and anterograde object recognition in rats with hippocampal lesions”. Hippocampus 13(8):962-9.
- Mumby DG, Gaskin S, Glenn MJ, Schramek TE, Lehmann H. 2002. “Hippocampal damage and exploratory preferences in rats: memory for objects, places, and context”s. Learn Mem 9(2):49-57.
- Kunin D, Gaskin S, Borjas MB, Smith BR, Amit Z. 2001. “Differences in locomotor response to an inescapable novel environment predict sensitivity to aversive effects of amphetamine”. Behav Pharmacol 12(1):61-7.
- Kunin D, Gaskin S, Rogan F, Smith BR, Amit Z. 2000. “Augmentation of corticosterone release by means of a caffeine-ethanol interaction in rats”. Alcohol 22(1):53-6.
- Kunin D, Gaskin S, Rogan F, Smith BR, Amit Z. 2000. “Caffeine promotes ethanol drinking in rats. Examination using a limited-access free choice paradigm”. Alcohol 21(3):271-7.
- Kunin D, Latendresse MW, Gaskin S, Smith BR, Amit Z. 2000. “Preexposure effects of nicotine and acetaldehyde on conditioned taste aversion induced by both drugs”. Pharmacol Biochem Behav 66(4):695-9.
- Smith BR, Horan JT, Gaskin S, Amit Z. 1999. “Exposure to nicotine enhances acquisition of ethanol drinking by laboratory rats in a limited access paradigm”. Psychopharmacology (Berl) 142(4):408-12.
- Gaskin, S. (2020). Behavioral Neuroscience: Essentials and Beyond (1st ed.). Thousand Oaks, California Sage Publication, Inc.
- Date modified: