Information sheetFootnote 1 – Research Support for New Academics (NP) 2023-2024
Some of the links below and on the right menu lead to a site belonging to an entity not subject to the Official Languages Act. Information on this site is available in the language of the site.
This program supports individual research projects for professor who are beginning their research careers. See the objectives of the program.
- Funding can be up to a maximum of $15,000 per year, including expenses for equipment needed to conduct the research.
- The grant is awarded annually for the period from April 1 to March 31.
- It is awarded for a maximum period of three years and is not renewable.
At the closing date of the competition, the applicant must meet the following conditions:
- Have meet all eligibility requirements as outlined in the RGC (règles générales communes);
- Hold a doctoral degree
- Have held a regular tenure-track faculty position in a Quebec, Canadian or international university for less than 5 years.
- See other criteria.
A pre-application is required, but is used exclusively to collect the information needed to recruit the experts who will form the evaluation committees. The pre-application and the full application for funding must be sent separately, in two steps. The pre-application form must be completed and submitted through the FRQnet portal. The full application must be approved by the Dean of Research and therefore must also be submitted via the FRQnet portal to the institution. The managing institution (RMC Saint-Jean) will then forward the application to the FRQ.
Pre-application: August 11, 2022, 4:00 p.m.
Submission: September 12, 2022, 4:00 p.m.
Announcement of results: end of April 2023
6. Evaluation Criteria
The evaluation committees use the FRQSC's Score Meaning Grid. To be recommended for funding, an application must achieve a minimum overall score of 70%. The criteria are: (1) research project (50%); (2) skills (30%); research training (10%); and budget (10%).
- Date modified: