Protocol for Submitting an Application for a Certificate of Ethical Acceptability
The application for an ethics review
1. Complete the submission form as well as the information and consent form. The templates are available from Yuliya Afanasyeva, Assistant to the Dean of Research.
2. Submit your application for ethics review to the attention of Danic Parenteau, the acting dean of research, at the following address: CMRSJ-Decanat_Recherche@cmrsj-rmcsj.ca. The application must include:
- The title of the project with a short summary of the project (approximately 250 words);
- The submission form (in French or English);
- The information and consent form (in English or French);
- Any other documents deemed relevant (e.g., participant recruitment poster, questionnaires).
3. The file is forwarded to the Research Ethics Board, after verification of compliance with submission requirements by the acting dean of research, Danic Parenteau.
4. The ethics committee meets on a monthly basis from September to June, with some exceptions, every third Tuesday of the month, to review the files submitted. Please note that files can be submitted at any time, but only those submitted to the Dean of Research before the first Tuesday of the month will be examined during the next monthly meeting of the Ethics Board.
5. The Research Ethics Board will inform the applicants of its decision as soon as possible, normally within 10 working days following the Board meeting. The Ethics Board will issue a certificate of ethical acceptability with one of the following indications: "certificate accepted," "certificate accepted with minor modifications," "certificate accepted with major modifications" or "certificate refused."
Conducting the research project at RMC Saint-Jean
Once the certificate of ethical acceptability is issued, if the researcher carries out the research at RMC Saint-Jean, he or she must contact the Project Officer at the Deanship of Research (Rosemarie Hamel), who ensure that the necessary accreditations and resources are provided to facilitate the smooth conduct of the research project.
- Date modified: